Craft Beverage Corridor
Craft Beverage Makers Love Garden City
Around the turn of the 21st century, Garden City’s warehouses were still simple storage spaces — cavernous, industrial, and strictly utilitarian.
Until the brewers moved in.
Lured to Garden City by plentiful space, the low cost of doing business, and a love for beer, breweries began retrofitting spaces with massive stainless steel vats. Wineries followed suit, and then a cidery, until suddenly Garden City was the craft beverage destination in the state — and a top contender in the Northwest.
Idaho now ranks 10th in the number of craft breweries per capita, according to the Brewers Association. And the state’s booming wine industry has a whopping $169.3 million impact.
That’s due in no small part to the explosion of offerings in Garden City. Not bad for a state that had only a single winery back in the 1970s.
Today, Garden City is famous for its Craft Beverage Corridor, a collection of seven wineries, six breweries, and one cidery within a four-square-mile radius. It’s a community that bound by creativity, attention to detail, and a commitment to local hops and grapes.
Want to cruise the corridor worry free? Try the Boise Brew Bus, which takes beer and wine lovers through Garden City’s fine tasting rooms in its “green machine” converted bus. Take a pre-selected tour or create your own to hit your favorite spots. Here’s a list to get you started:
- Cinder Wines, 107 E. 44th Street
- Split Rail Winery, 4338 W. Chinden Boulevard
- Telaya Wine Co., 240 E. 32nd Street
- Coiled Wines, 3408 W. Chinden Boulevard
- Potter Wines, 5286 W. Chinden Boulevard
- Par Terre Winery, 9165 W. Chinden Boulevard, Suite 107
- The Gulch Wine Room, 5226 W. Chinden Boulevard
- Powderhaus Brewing Company, 9719 W. Chinden Boulevard
- Bella Brewing, 4340 W. Chinden Boulevard
- County Line Brewing, 9115 W. Chinden Boulevard, #107
- Western Collective, 111 W. 33rd Street
- Crooked Fence Brewing Co., 5220 N. Sawyer Avenue
- Barbarian Brewing, 5270 W. Chinden Boulevard
- Meriwether Cider, 5242 W. Chinden Boulevard